Showreel (After Effects Workshop Six)

This is the final After Effects production workshop in which I created a showreel, a composite reel, of the work I have produced in the After Effects workshops with me this year. I have learned how to cut, edit, marking to audio, titles, slates, endboards and how to brand our own work. For the workshop, I had to bring 5 of my previous After Effects projects, rendered at high resolution, along with these I also brought some of my animations created in After Effects used for other projects.

In class, we looked at a couple of references, after the workshop I looked at more references for inspiration for future showreels.

Project References:

Montage 2011, by Adam Gault


Steffen K - REEL13



Showreel 2012 by Rocketpanda


Upper First - Showreel 09



I created a quick intro screen for my showreel.


I imported all my files and animations into a new composition in which I began to move along the timeline.



Here are some of my screenshots in After Effects of my previous animations, I edited and trimmed some of my animations to the more significant part and in time with the soundtrack I selected.



My showreel ends with one of my favourite pieces ending with a switch off effect and into a credit screen with my details.