Interactive PDF (Portfolio Task)

This session focused on basic techniques to produce an interactive portfolio, which will help to present our design work, and research and development materials, in a compact and effective manner. The session involved an overview of the key media types which can be embedded into the pdf file, considering video compression (via vimeo) and basic audio editing (Audition CC). The task was to produce an interactive  portfolio of our work, where we needed to edit our designs, animation and moving image outputs produced so far and design/author a short interactive pdf portfolio.


The first part of this workshop, we looked at Audition CC, where we can edit audio, we learnt how to trim soundclips and changed the volume of the soundtrack.


We then loaded up InDesign and set up an Interactive PDF document with its most useful tools.


I downloaded one of my animations from Vimeo and placed it in my document.


I changed a couple features of the video, such as the thumbnail for the video.



To make our interactive portfolio better, we made buttons in photoshop.


My button designs that I created in photoshop.


I placed the buttons into InDesign and organised them in a appropriate layout.



I assigned the correct command to each button in order to provide the user with working navigation.


Export information.


Previews of my interactive PDF. 


 I opened up photoshop to find my portrait task workshop, I edited a coouple of features before placing my portrait into InDesign to create my cover. 


The cover page also needed a written design statement which I got from my manifesto. I organised a layout for my text and image, once I was happy with, I then exported it as a PDF. 


I previewed my interactive PDF in Acrobat to check if everything was working correctly. Overall I'm really happy to how this turned out, I have a better understanding of using videos in InDesign and how to successfully create a interactive PDF with working buttons. I feel this workshop will be useful for the future when I need a digital portfolio to showcase my animations.