Exploring Geometry (After Effects Workshop One)

During the lesson, we explored geometry, form, the use of colour and space, and motion graphics production techniques. Techniques we covered include - an intro to expressions, effects, the wiggler, a keyframes overview, and a re-cap, covering aspects of After Effects used in year one.

Before the lesson, we had to bring Geometry, form, shape, illustrator artwork to use in the workshops. During the workshop, we looked at a few inspirations to help up get started on the workshop.


After the workshop, I looked at more inspirational videos and references:

.

I really like these videos as the transition between each scene is beautifully done, I like the idea of using shapes to transition to the next scene.


I imported my illustrator files into After effects to prepare for animation.



I experimented with different effects and transitions to create a new scene with these geometric designs. Effects such as liner wipe and grid wipe were used to transition into the next scene.


Here are a few screenshots of me applying specific tools to produce a quick successive animation. Below is my final video that I created in the workshop.

Geometry_Final from Angela Jones on Vimeo.

In my spare time, I wanted to continue exploring tools and techniques to make quick motion graphics.