InfoGraphics (After Effects Workshop Five)

Maps, Stats, and Infographics - A live project with Heritage Quay

This is a project about working with data and statistics in After Effects. The workshops will be a live project, working on one of three films in collaboration with Heritage Quay. The first film is about Heritage Quay, the second is about the Rugby League Collection, and the final is about the collection about the University. This workshop taught us ways to handle data, effects, masks, and transitions, project build and live material, in order to create a 10-second infographic animation as part of a group film.

Beforehand, we had to bring in workshop ideas, and resources as well as looking at project references.

Project References:

Year in Sport / Strava


TakePart: Participant Media - Waiting For ‘Superman’ - Infographic


Nestlé Zest: Informercial

USAID Invests In People To People Activities



These are some quick shapes I created in Illustrator.


This is the colour scheme we had to use in this animation.



I used different tools to rotate, reveal, and wipe the information on my screen. I felt like this piece was rushed towards the end and I didn't really like how it turned out.


After the workshop, I wanted to create a new infographic piece based on the same information but with a bit more thought to it such as adding an image related to the info. 


I created a geometric silhouette of Patrick Stweart on a paper texture background. I will be adding some brush strokes animations to reveal the information. Below is my rendered piece.