After Effects Introduction - Visual Tone Colour Poem

This was the first time I used Adobe After Effects, many skills were learnt throughout this task which involved a production of a 10 second video with a choice of colours to flash in sync with the soundtrack. Below are a few steps involved in the process of making this video and what my final piece looks like.



http://freemusicarchive.org/
The soundtrack used in the video was found on the above website in which was downloaded and saved to my documents. 


Once the soundtrack was downloaded, it was then imported into the new composition. 


The soundtrack was then uploaded, viewing it as a waveform, using the asterisk shortcut (*) I marked certain points of the soundtrack, especially when they peaked. Once the key points was marked, new layers were then created and filled using the colours from the Pantone Colour chart. The new layers were then moved across to match the key points, therefore the colours would change corresponding the soundtrack.

Layers were created in which the colours were colour picked from the colour chart.


This is the Pantone colour chart I used for the colours in my video.